0

Maybelline Color Tattoo

Posted by Buls on 4:55 PM in , ,
There is no point in waiting for months to review a new launch. Will anyone even want to read it? Along with blogging about products I use regularly I have decided to also write about the new products as soon as possible.

I have been reading about Maybelline Color Tattoos on so many blogs... when they arrived in India I picked them up asap. They are supposed to like Mac paint pots but affordable... oh so affordable. 4 gm for Rs 350 against Rs 1350 for 5 gm of Mac.



Left to right- top row- Edgy Emerald, Bad to Bronze, Pomegranate Punk

Bottom row- Painted Purple, Audacious Asphalt, Fierce and Tangy

The packaging is sturdy glass with a black cap. I don't mind using my fingers unlike a lot of bloggers. I don't think a brush will do the job that well. The eyeshadows are creamy and thick. Even though they don't seem so in pics, they are not very pigmented. I need to apply a few layers to get an effective color. This is good 'coz I can wear it for work ... or as a base. For a party, I can layer it on. They remain all day without creasing without primer. This is quite a feat 'coz I have oily skin and very oily eyelids. Blushes and eyeshadows fade off without a primer. I have applied it at 8 am and it has remained the same till atleast 7 pm... there was slight creasing at the end of the day... but very, very less.

Blending can be a problem if these 'coz they are thick and creamy. You may not be able to get the effect that powder shadows generally give. Its not a concern for me 'coz I never have the time to blend 2-3 shades and apply. I see women wearing such looks at parties only. I apply eyeshadow only my lids and blend it into the crease. Thats it... nothing else.



Left to right- Pomegranate Punk, Painted Purple, Edgy Emerald, Bad to Bronze, Audacious Asphalt, Fierce and Tangy



Top- Fierce and Tangy- I bought this shade for kicks... don't know where and when I will be able to apply it... it is orange in color

Bottom- Audacious Asphalt- I already have a Max Factor eyeshadow (it comes in the form of a tube) in this shade. It is a shimmery grey... more opaque and less shimmer. I love this one. I even wear it to work.



Top- Bad to Bronze- Bronze shade... a must have in any make up kit

Bottom- Edgy Emerald- I am not very fond of green liners or shadows... They don't do much for me... but they match well with green clothes. It is a pista color shade



Top- Painted Purple- I love eyeshadows in purple- they are so funky. I have a similar shade in mac paint pot and Inglot. You can never have too many purple eye shadows (or maybe you can???)

Pomegranate Punk- A very unique shade- mix of pink, shimmer and brown. I have not yet worn it but looking forward to trying it on


Painted Purple


Edgy Emerald


Bad to Bronze


Pomegranate Punk


Audacious Asphalt

Please pick atleast 1 or more shades of Maybelline Color Tattoo... they are dirt cheap and oh-so-awesome.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Daily, Quirky Fashion All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.